Dear Valued Patients,
The coronavirus pandemic has had a significant impact on our country and particularly the NYC region. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. We want all patients to know what we are doing to ensure your safety in our dental office.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
In light of the coronavirus situation we have increased our infection control practices even further. You may see some changes when it is time for your next visit. For example:
- Our staff will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. You will be asked screening questions again when you arrive for your appointment.
- We will be asking patients to use a hand sanitizer or wash their hands upon arriving at the office.
- Appointment scheduling will be such to reduce the number of patients in the office and allow thorough disinfection of all surfaces in the office.
- We are reserving a longer time for your visit. It will be imperative that you arrive on time and not cancel without giving at least 48 hours’ notice. A broken appointment fee will be charged for appointments canceled without that notice.
- We are asking that you arrive alone for your appointment unless you require the help of a caregiver and inform us in advance.
- There will be visible changes such as more protective equipment to protect staff and patients from infection as well as invisible ones like air filtration and purification systems in each operatory. We are changing the way we perform certain tasks to reduce aerosol production. All of these changes we made to protect our patients and staff.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you safe in our practice. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back patients and friends.